Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Nov 11, 2013






Hello!

    Alright so I don`t have much time today, so this week`s letter is going to be a little short. Luckily nothing too crazy happened this week like the last one, but it has still been eventful as always. I learned to never assume that a nasty couch belongs outside. Otherwise if you put it outside to make room for two new Hermanas in your house, the old evangelical lady who owns the house will yell at you for an hour and make you clean all day (Yes this did happen to us). Speaking of our apartment, the picture below is of an actual fugus mushroom type mold that was growing in our shower that we found. Other than that, our week was really good and I feel a lot more comfortable in our new area. Actually Elder Holland had a meeting here with all of the bishops and stake presidents in our mission, but we didn`t get to see him....bummer. However, we did get to have a meeting with the bishop afterwards and he is excited to change things up and we are super pumped as well!  


         So my trainer didn`t want to admit this to me at first, but we are in a much harder sector and the people are a lot more reserved and not as willing to accept the gospel. It`s all good though because we have just been finding new ways to work and really concentrating on working with the members. Actually we had a super sweet family home evening with a family of 5 (the father is a new convert and the rest of the family is not), who we are teaching and another young family in the ward who the husband is a return missionary and hasn`t been to church in a while who came for the first time yesterday! The family home evening went super well too and we as missionaries hardly had to do anything, the members did it all which is definitely much better. Hna Lovell and I like to call ourselves the catalysts. We are here to help members do missionary work and to help reactivate and retain other members. And why not do all three at the same time? I know that the Lord really does work through us as missionaries. It`s incredible.
 
      Actually this week I have really been working on trying to follow the promptings of the spirit. It`s hard! However, I have seen miracles happen and I know that it is definitely not me that`s making it happen. I know God loves each and everyone of us so much and knows us individually. He cares about us and wants us to be happy. I love you all as well and hope you have a good week!

con mucho amor, 
Hermana Romney

1 comment: