Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Love of Christ - Dec. 23, 2013

Hola Familia, 

     I hope this week has been an outstanding week one everyone. On Tuesday I got to go picky up my new comp and daughter, Hna Lino!! She is so amazing and I am very lucky to have her as a companion. She is from Lima, Peru and well it would be an understatement to say that there is a height difference between us haha. People call us "Blanco y Negro" or "Litro y medio" (I`m a liter and she is half of one). She is 22 years old and is a convert of less than 2 years!!! Crazy huh? I have no idea if I would have gone on a mission only being in the church for 2 years, so I definitely admire her. She has such a strong conversion story and really brings the spirit. I can tell that she is going to teach me way more than I will teach her. 
 
   First off, Roxana, Mauricio, and Sebastian`s baptisms will be this Saturday!!!!!!!! I am sooooo excited for them and they are the most amazing family. They will be able to join the father, Ricardo, in receiving saving ordinances so that they can get sealed as a family in the Temple in a year. Just only a few months ago, Roxana did not like the missionaries at all and would always try and get her husband not to go to church, but look at her now!! Apparently she didn`t really like the Elders as much and after a while she listened to them occasionally because of the change that she saw in her husband, but since Hermanas switched over and started teaching her, she is much more accepting and tells us that she is actually excited about her baptism now! Sorry Elders :) This really is what missionary work is all about. Bringing whole families into the gospel so that they can go to the Temple and have an Eternal Family!!! Ahhh I just love this gospel so much! Also, Karen stopped smoking for a whole week!! It was a miracle! She called me one day and said she decided she was going to stop smoking out of nowhere. She did fall and smoked one cigarette on Saturday due to a series of unfortunate events, but that is major progress for her!!
     
     So now that I have about 3 1/2 weeks here in the mission, I still feel like a newb to missionary work, but as I feel the spirit working through me, it gives me more confidence. I am confident that this really is the Lord`s work and He is there right next to us every step of the way. I know that when there are hard moments in the mission and we feel inadequate, He will work through us and give us the strength we need. I am also so excited that in two days it will be CHRISTMAS!! My favorite time of the year and a most wonderful time to remember our Savior Jesus Christ. I think this will be one of the most memorable Christmases and I wouldn`t rather be any other place than here in Chile, Concepción serving the Lord. This Christmas season I have been really trying to think about how to give back to Heavenly Father and Christ. Our Heavenly Father really did give us the most amazing gift - His son and salvation by Him. I feel so privileged to share this message this message each and everyday. I want to invite everyone as well to think about what they are going to give to Christ this Christmas. I know the gospel is the most amazing gift we can give to someone and I know that when we give this gift to others, God is so happy because it really is His work and His glory to bring to pass the immortality of man. 
    Family, I cannot wait to see you and hear your voices on Christmas day!!! I love you all so much and remember the true meaning of Christmas during this wonderful season!! 

Hermana Romney  

Photos:
Feliz Navidad from Santa Sabina!! 
My hija!! Hna Lino! 
Teaching our investigators how to make cinnamon rolls at a members house!

No comments:

Post a Comment