Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Teenage Pregnancy...What?- Dec 16, 2013

Hola todos!! 

  Okay so first off, cambios were today and........ I`m going to have a baby girl! Yep, I`M TRAINING!!! (When you get a companion who is brand new, they are considered your child.) I just finished my own training two weeks ago and barely have 4 months since I entered the MTC! I haven`t met her yet, but I got to see her name and it`s... HERMANA LINO! She gets here tomorrow and I don`t know where she`s from, but I know she is Latina, so we are going to have a good time! Ahh I can`t believe I`m going to have an "hija" and I`m freaking out just a little bit, but it`s all good. If the Lord has Faith in me that I can do it, then I should too. 
     
   This past week was awesome. We were able to teach A LOT of lessons and really have our investigators progress. I went out with a few young adults 4 days this week and that was such a blast! Yes they had no idea really what they were doing and I had to plan and guide everything, but their spirit was so strong and I loved it. I`m hoping it was a good warm up for when my brand new companion comes tommorow! We were able to visit a lot of people and that really is the best thing ever. A teaching missionary really is a happy missionary. The girls who were my companions for the day loved it too and now they are so willing to go out with us again when we need them next time. I could tell that they really were able to feel the joy that we feel when we share the truth. It is the best feeling in the world. 
   
   Miracle of the week: So our main investigators that we have been focusing on is Roxana and her family. Her husband, Ricardo, is a new convert and her two kids Mauricio and Sebastian are working towards their baptism goal as well. Roxana is also a teacher in the Catholic church to help kids prepare for their First Communion. Friday night we had a really good lesson with the whole family and committed them to come to church on Sunday. However, the whole time we never saw them and I was feeling super bummed the whole meeting because I thought they hadn`t showed up. Well turns out, after sacrament meeting, some members told us that they did come, but it was during sacrament and there were guys guarding the door to not make a lot of noise and she didn`t like that so decided to leave. Well it turns out that the Catholic church is right next door to our church where she recently taught at and decided they would go to the Mass there instead. However, later on Sunday night when we saw them, she said that she felt like something was missing when she went to the Catholic church and that as a family they all decided that they like the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints better!!! She told us that it was a confirmation to her that our church is the true church and that was where she wanted to be. It was incredible!!! The Lord really does work in mysterious ways and her baptism along with her two kids will be next week, so pray for them!! 

    Anyways, we have been working a lot with the members lately and they have been inviting their friends to a lot of things and to learn about the gospel, so that is so awesome!! Ahh I just love sharing this gospel so much!! We have the responsibility to share the love of Christ so others can feel it too. Just like in 1 Corinthians 15:22, "even so in Christ shall all men be made alive". Have a great week everyone and I love you soo much!! Sorry, I`ll try and write a lot more next week! 
Hermana Romney 

attached the photos:



there are some of my companions and also a member who was my companion for the day and a Family Home Evening with Roxana and her family and the Bishop!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment