Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Expect the Unexpected- Nov 3, 2014

Hola familia y amigos! 

       This morning has been great as we went to Consejo with all the leaders and President Arrington who is amazing. Also before I forget Mom, Sister Arrington said that in the Mission President Seminar they saw the Santiago MTC Presidents and she talked to them and Hna Arrington said that she remembered you as she was talking to her. She said that you will have to be giving lots of talks and firesides in Spanish, so work on that Rosetta Stone!!! But don`t worry Mom, you will be just fine and I have no doubt that all of the missionaries will love you and your warm smile there.  
       We talked a lot in Consejo about how we need to be using Family History more in our efforts to retain, reactivate, and baptize. It is something I haven`t done too much of while on my mission, but I am excited to learn more and help our converts and members to do so. There is so much work to be done and thank you Carli for your email this week and how you are doing family history work!!! I want to do lots too when I get home, so I am excited. 
        So this week has actually been full of all kinds of miracles!!!! One of the biggest ones is that Ivan was set for his baptismal date on Nov. 8th (he would be the only investigator that I have ever seen get baptized in 3 weeks since the first time that we really got to teach him), but we went over last night after he went to church that day with his son Diego(17) for the second time and he asked us so polietly, "Hermanas, my son all by himself told me today that he also wanted to get baptized at my side and so I was wondering if there is anyway that we can push back my baptism one more week so that my son can get baptized with me?" Of course we said yes!!!! That was so awesome because we had only been able to teach Diego once before and he has felt the spirit so much at church that he has the desires to come unto Christ. So hopefully if everything goes well, we should be having 2 baptisms next week of some of the most prepared investigators I have ever met. Then his daughter Coni(15) who is really strong in her evangelica church said that she wanted to come to seminary with the youth this week so that will be awesome and I know she will be joining her dad and brother soon and then the mom will follow too since she is very receptive, we just need to strengthen her faith a little bit.  
         Last night we had such a huge miracle too. So I had called about 10 different members with us to go visit both Johanna and Sebastian and Ivan and his family, but no one could. I was just about to give up, when I felt really strongly to call Hna Marlen and we asked her to go with us and if she could be at there house in 15 minutes and she said yeah no problem Hermanas. Soo awesome!! And now I know why no one else could come because she was the prefect member for both of the families! So Johanna and Sebastian still have to get married so they can get baptized and they have been to church now 4 times. Anyways, so at the beginning they said they didn`t want to get married until next year, but Hna Marlen just got on them and was like, "No you have to do it as soon as possible!" And even offered to buy a dress for Johanna because that was something that was holding them back, so it was incredible. They finally decided to get married and baptized this month, so we are excited! Then she gave amazing testimonies to Ivan and his family and then drove us home to make it back right at 10:00 pm to enter our house. Lets just say, we were happy missionaries that night! I hope to be a member missionary just like her someday. 
       I feel like I could go on forever and ever, but I absolutely love being here and being a missionary. This is the most rewarding and fulfilling thing I have ever done in my life and will cherish these memories and friendships for eternity. The triple threat trio is a blast and unstoppable. The Lord is blessing us and I know that we are only instruments in His hands and that this is His work that he is fully in charge of. I love you all so much and feel so lucky everyday to have such amazing support and to have the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. 

Con mucho amor, 
    Hermana Romney 

Sorry I`ll send pics next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment