Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Love me some Chileans - Jan 26, 2015

¡Buenos Dias!

    What a week. Starting off last Monday, I forgot to mention that we went to Chillan to buy souvenirs and I got the Hermanas in my old sector to tell Ivan and his family that we were coming so we got to meet up for the last time and he bought us ice cream and we got to say our last goodbyes. It was so good, yet so hard to say goodbye. It has hit me so hard recently how much I LOVE the Chilean people. Even if they are not good at keeping their commitments or are lazy to come to church or have incredibly hard Spanish, I love them so much and would do anything for them. They have given me so much love over these past months and I am eternally grateful for them and for this gospel that brings us together. I found a scripture the other day that explains this love I feel in 1 Thessalonians 2:8, "So being affectionately desirous of you, we were willing to have imparted unto you, not the gospel of God only, but also our own souls, because ye were dear unto us."
 
     This week was really fun as we had a ward talent night here and some hermanas from the ward did a skit making fun of us missionaries. Basically they just acted as if they were the happiest people around leaving notes for everyone everywhere (like we do after lunch a lot) and saying that they loved every lunch and every single person they saw. Hahah it was good and it made me laugh. Then Hermana Blau and I sang while she played the ukelele and then I played the uke while Rebeca (former Hermana Baturite) and I sang a song we translated from English into Spanish. As the obra misional we did a skit and it was a great opportunity for everyone to become even closer friends.

    Sweet story: The other morning we went to a ciber to work on "El Rescate" a website with all of the less-actives in our area and their address. We were just sitting their when the store owner came over to us and asked us if we were mormons. She then told us that she was going through a really hard time in her life and has depression and wants to know if we can help her. Of course! So we set up a cita to go see her and when we got there it turns out that she is already a member (not surprising here in Chile) and had asked her Catholic priest to help her, but he did nothing and she remembered how the missionaries helped her the last time and thought they could help again. She told us that as we entered her store that she could just see a glow about us and knew that we were the answers to her prayers! Cool huh? So we are excited to work with her and get her to come back. It just goes to show that we never know who is watching and always need to be doing what is right, whether we are missionaries or just members in general.

    Quite a few members this week have told Hermana Blau and I that we are "dynamite missionaries" as they put it and that they are getting so excited about missionary work! I just love hearing that and know that this ward has so much potential, they just need a little push. But as far as our investigators, our main ones went out of town and just got back, so we will see how everything is going, but we have been teaching them on the phone as much as possible so they are good.

   Well today we went to Dichato to the beach and it was beautiful just as the South of Chile is. I hate thinking about how little time I have left, but I know that this is the time when I can be the most effective and help lots. This gospel is soo true and I have no doubt of that now. I love you all sooo much. Take care.

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Romney


Ohhh and I forgot to mention that Ada Danielle Wells (my new neice) is so beautiful and I can`t wait to meet her!!! Also mom and Dad hope all is well in the DR. Tell me about it next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment