Friday, January 23, 2015

Obedience - Jan 19, 2015

Hola Hola, 

    So today I am just kind of at a loss of words. I feel like there is so much that I want to say and that`s what makes me feel like I don`t know what to say. But I guess I will start out that this week was another good one full of ups and downs. I really feel like I have just tried to enjoy every moment with out getting too frustrated or down on myself and that has made it good. We have been concentrating on Obedience a lot this week and it hit me a lot that my desire to be obedient has grown immensely throughout my mission. I remember at the beginning that I wouldn`t really feel that bad if we left the house late or things like that, but now I feel so guilty if we do or just little things like that in myself which has been a great realization. I have a complete desire to be 100% obedient. The mission really does change someone and how incredibly grateful that I am for that! 

    Anyways, this week we got to watch "Conozca a los Mormones" or in English Meet the Mormons and it was soooo good! I thought I was going to have to wait until after to see it, but we had zone conference this week and they showed it to all of us. Of course it made me cry when they showed the part about the missionaries - mom I can only imagine how you were. Haha. But it was all in Spanish and I loved it! Then right after they made a group of us give our goodbye testimonies and man was that hard. Mom, I hate to admit it, but I am so much more of a crier than before, just like you haha. The main point that I felt impressed to share with the rest of the missionaries was that everything was worth it. That all of the hours spent walking in the rain or being rejected by people or hard companions or investigators dropping us is all worth it. Not everything is going to work out like we hope, but it will be for our good. Just like Joesph Smith said in Liberty Jail in D&C 122:7, "And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good."

I know this to be true for a fact and I know I say this almost every week, but I am just so grateful for my mission experience. I wouldn`t trade the lessons that I have learned for anything. 

    As far as investigators go, Claudia and her 4 daughters came to church yesterday and are progressing great for their baptismal date for the 31st. Andrea, Carolina, and Emiliana went on vacation this past week and didn`t get back in time for church yesterday so their baptism will have to be pushed back too, but we made a packet of homework for them to do everyday while they are on vacation :) and they did it all, so we are excited to see what they learned. 

    I love you all sooo much and Bri I hope that your baby comes soon! I can`t believe that you are over due, but at least mom and dad can be there for it. Mom and Dad, glad you guys had an awesome experience in the MTC and will be in the DR next week! I can`t believe Elder Bednar remembered me and asked about me! That`s sweet! Enjoy every minute and make sure you are all good boys and good girls as Elder Bednar says. 

Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Romney


Sorry no pics this week since the compu is not working :(  

No comments:

Post a Comment