Monday, October 14, 2013

The Lord's Work- Oct. 14, 2013

Hola todos!

I hope everyone has been doing lovely and enjoying life. There really are so many great things to be enjoyed during our time here on earth! This week I really tried to enjoy the little things in life that make us happy and what a difference it makes.
So this past Monday we were in one of our usual areas just contacting when out of nowhere, I turn around and see this dog coming full sprint out of his gate right at me. It was about to jump up at me when I took off the other direction not knowing what to do but to run! It was a big black dog and the only thing going through my mind was that I did not want it to bite me because then I would have to go through a series of shots to make sure it didn`t pass on any disease. So... "I RAN FOR MY LIFE" (Sweet Brown black woman voice - Youtube it), screaming as I sprinted about half a block!! I tried to kick my feet up behind me hoping to scare him away. Finally I guess he gave up or something because he stopped after a while. However, the neighbors started poking their heads out of their windows probably wondering why there is a 6 ft gringa (white girl) sprinting and screaming down their block...oh well maybe it will give us more publicity? Hahaha well we actually don`t need more of that, but lets just say I was a little freaked out and maybe carried around a rock in my hand for a good while after just in case...
The rest of this week was pretty good though! I definitely learned a lot about humility and that this is no doubt the church of Jesus Christ. Everything works out so much better when we are guided by the Spirit and are humble enough to admit that the Lord knows better than us. We had a lesson with member this week where my companion and I barely even said a word. The member and Mariana (our investigator) just talked together all about her conversion and it was EXACTLY what Mariana needed! Mariana has been dealing with an addiction but has been clean for more than a week!!!! Super pumped for her baptism this Friday! Anyways, the member had never even met Mariana before, but it was such a testament that this is the Lord`s work. We are only the instruments in his hands and have to be humble enough to not do what we think is correct or maybe what we had planned, but instead what the Spirit is telling us.
Well I hope all is well with everyone! Happy Birthday Erika and Sister Asay and Happy Anniversary Brandon and Brittani (thanks for the letter too!!!)! Thanks Mom for the package and all of the wonderful letters in it!!! I love you all so much and don`t be afraid to do what is right and follow the spirit.

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Romney
Pictures:
1) At our ward "Show de Talentos" with completos!! Our ward mission leader wanted to take a picture of me with them....maybe for publicity to sell more?? Still unclear on that one haha
2) Having to leave notes and homework for investigators in front of their door through the gate while trying to throw rocks on the papers so they don`t fly away.

No comments:

Post a Comment