Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What a WACKY Week! Oct. 28, 2013

Hola!

     So I`m pretty sure this will probably be the strangest week of my mission! To sum it all up, we got to live in the Pulsiphers (Best senior couple) super nice apartment for a week and then had an emergency transfer to open up a sector one week before real transfers. 
     I`m not going to give any details, I`ll do that after the mission, but basically the area where we were was pretty dangerous and we had to get out of our house as soon as possible. We live with two other Hermanas as well and so all 4 of us had no where to live but with the Pulsiphers. I have no complaints though whatsoever because it felt like we were living in America again and Hna Pulsipher is an amazing cook!! Everything is fine though with all of us and we are all perfectly safe, but they took us out of our house just in case anything more happened. 
      We all 4 got transferred yesterday and luckily I still have Hna Lovell as my companion! We are actually opening up a sector and are now in an area called Santa Sabina, which is apparently the richest area of the mission and is right in Concepcion. We got to our new house last night where Elders used to live and boy does it smell... we have some serious cleaning to do. We are pretty excited to work here though and the sector is HUGE! We are about 75% sure that next week they will probably split us up and put in two more Hermanas in the ward with us, but we`ll see.
      It was pretty difficult to leave my first sector though! We had 4 baptisms lined up within the next two weeks with people we have been working with for a while and I`m pretty bummed I won`t be there to see them, but the most important thing is that they continue forward. I am so excited especially for Mariana who has finally given up her addiction and is so excited for her baptism this Friday. She is sooo cool and she has so many friends in the church so I have no doubt she will be a strong member. (Picture below is of her and the necklace that she made me!) Julia and her two kids Triana and Jose Miguel are in the other picture and they are rock stars. The father Jose Miguel is also excited for his baptism as well, but he works in Northern Chile so he`s not in the picture. Please pray for them though, especially since we won`t be there to help them! 
        Sometimes I don`t understand why things happen and why we had to leave Chillan, but I have faith that God has a plan for everything. We were just about to see the fruits of our labors and then everything was changed. This week I learned that even though I may have a plan for what I want to happen, which may be good, Heavenly Father has something else in store for me. When we submit our will to His, he can sculpt us into much more than we could become on our own. 
      I hope all is well this week with everyone at home and that you enjoy Halloween! Thanks for all the pictures and letters that I absolutely love! Remember to always let Heavenly Father direct your paths. Come what may and love it, because why would you do anything else? I love you all soooo much! 
      
      Hermana Romney 

P.S. I just realized I forgot my camera cord oops...so I`ll include the pictures next week!   

No comments:

Post a Comment