Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Service and Love- Aug. 18, 2014

¡Buenos Dias!

     Today as I sit here and write my weekly email to you all, I am just filled with gratitude for everything that the Lord has blessed me with. For little miracles that happen everyday, for hearing about converts from my other sectors that are preparing to go to the temple, for the hilarious and wonderful Chilean people that I get to teach everyday, for the person the Lord is shaping me into, for the opportunity I have to be a representative of Jesus Christ everyday, for the people supporting me at home, for the relatively comfortable life I have lived, for the trials and tough moments that we often have in the mission that makes me become stronger, for everything!!!! It is the miracle of a mission!! 
    
     First off this week Martina got baptized and confirmed!!! She was so cute and got so emotional. She said afterwards that she felt that angels were taking her by the hand and guiding her. Then she had a dream that night afterwards where she got baptized again and said it felt so great like the day before. Haha. I have come to love her and her family so much!! Actually this week we got to do lots of service for them!! So they finally moved out of their little house or basically metal box they were living in!! We helped them move into another house that we helped the dad build (even though it still is tiny), but it`s better and there is lots of room outside for the kids to run around. So my arms were super sore from hammering in all of the little nails in their ceiling (since I`m the tallest that was my job), but it was worth it! Everything went great during the baptism and we had it right after an activity for the new converts, so there was about 60 people there and then of course we had to have queque (cake) for desert. The Bishop baptized her and now her mom Pilar is excited for her baptism after her husband`s divorce gets finalized and then can get married. I`ll include a picture below! 

     Then we were able to keep helping Fernanda for her baptism this Saturday and she told us last night she is so excited! Ahhh I just feel like so much happens every week and I wish I could include it all! However, there`s not quite time for that and so I will just have to tell you guys about lots of stuff after. 
       To conclude, this morning I was studying a little bit about our purpose as missionaries to help some Hnas that have been struggling a little bit and I love the quote by President Howard W Hunter that says: “Surely taking the gospel to every kindred, tongue, and people is the single greatest responsibility we have in mortality. … We have been privileged to be born in these last days, as opposed to some earlier dispensation, to help take the gospel to all the earth” 
“What does the Atonement have to do with missionary work? Any time we experience the blessings of the Atonement in our lives, we cannot help but have a concern for the welfare of others. … A great indicator of one’s personal conversion is the desire to share the gospel with others.” 
      It really hit me this morning that it is the MOST IMPORTANT thing we have to do. I love that I get to do that everyday and I invite everyone of you at home that you can always always be on the look for who to share the gospel with and little moments where you can help others. Life really is better as we focus on others. Have a wonderful week and I love you all soooooo much!!! Oh and Mom to answer your question about how I celebrated 1 year on the mission, yes I did burn a skirt! It was great! 
Con mucho amor,
      Hermana Romney 


No comments:

Post a Comment