Friday, December 12, 2014

Cherries, Fleas, and Baptisms- Nov 17, 2014

¡Hola desde el sur de Chile!! 

       Wow what an unforgettable week. I don`t even know where to start, but I guess I will start with my favorite part of the week when Ivan and Diego were baptized! It was one of the most spiritual baptisms that I have been a part of and everyone just had huge grins from ear to ear the whole time. They both looked so good in white and when I first saw them, in my mind they were in the temple wearing the same white clothes. That has never happened to me before on my mission, but I have no doubt that they are going to the temple someday and it brought tears to my eyes! Hna Ayuso, Hna Love and I all say that Ivan is going to be a great bishop someday. All went well at the service and us 3 with an Elder sang "Asombro me da" (I stand all amazed) as a special musical number since it is Ivan`s favorite Hymn. Ivan was then baptized by our ward mission leader, Hno Orellana, who happens to be his neighbor with tears in his eyes and then Diego after him. The best part was that Cony (Ivan`s daughter) told us right after her dad and brother got baptized that she felt the spirit and wants to get baptized too!!!! Ahhhh we were sooo happy and she is now set for the 29th of November along with Carmen. Ivan then gave his testimony of how is family was going through a hard time until we came to his house and then everything changed. He gave the most honest testimony about how he could feel in his heart that the church was true and that this is what God wants him to do. Ahhhh he is so golden and I KNOW that Heavenly Father was preparing him for a long time until he was ready and there we were to harvest the crop. I feel like we hardly did anything for him, but it was all Heavenly Father. I feel just like Ammon when he is talking to Aaron in Alma 26:12 saying, 
"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
That is another thing that I LOVE about the mission, is that now I feel like I can relate so much better to the heroes in the scriptures!!! 

            Then the bad news of the day: Cambios were today and I am being transferred out of Copihues to go to Krav (Penco) with Hna Blau to train her how to be a Sister Traning leader and to white wash the sector (when they take out both missionaries and put in 2 brand new ones). This will be my third time doing that on my mission! I don`t know hardly anything about Hna Blau except that she is a ginga, but I am excited! On the other hand, I am really really sad to leave Hna Ayuso and Hna Love. I think we have had the most fun cambio together out of my whole mission and have seen so many huge miracles. This week alone we hit the mission standards of excellence in lessons and people at church! Miracles. They both will be staying in Copihues in a trio again for this next cambio with Hna Meyer replacing me. But I guess change is good. 

    All the rest of our investigators are going good here and luckily I can trust Hna Ayuso and Hna Love a lot, so they will be in good hands. Oh and President just emailed us today and let us know that we now only have 1 hour to write our families and friends instead of 1 1/2, so sorry folks, but the letters will probably be getting shorter now. And Mom and Dad, our Christmas Skype call will now only be 40 min instead of 1 1/2 hours like last time....lame, but all is well. 
     I hope you all have had an incredible week and next time I will be writing you from Penco. Got to go pack my bags and say goodbyes, but I love you all more than you know and that love only grows stronger everyday. I love my Savior and feel an enormous privilege to be one of His representatives. It humbles me everyday and I can`t believe how lucky I am to know Him and partake of His atonement while inviting others to do the same. 

Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Romney 

Ivan, Diego and their family! Yes, Ivan is a Ginger!! 
Playing ball after an Hermana study that Hna Ayuso and I taught.
Getting my shoes shined on the streets. I have always wanted to do that :) 

Ohh and I totally forgot to mention that I have gotten over 30 flea bites this week!!! They itch!!! But whatcha gonna do? And there are cherries EVERYWHERE on the trees and since I am tall, it is really easy to pick them off the trees and so we have been eating them all day erry day.

No comments:

Post a Comment