Monday, July 7, 2014

9 months down, 9 to go-May 19, 2014

Hola Hola, 

  ¿Que tal familiaa? Ahhh I was so excited to hear that Carli had her baby little Kate!!!! She is absolutely beautiful and I can`t wait to meet her! Crazy that I already have 7 nieces and nephews and 2 that I haven`t even met yet! The Romney family continues to keep growing! And as much as I miss you all like crazy, this scripture gives me comfort in Matthew 19:29 - And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
   How great is it to be serving a mission and doing exactly this!!

     Well as always, the mission is a roller coaster and this week has been full of ups and downs. Luckily the goods as always are much better and make all of the downs worth it! This next week coming up is our branch conference with a few activities this week! That is exciting and we are hoping it will really bring the branch together, because that is what they need. Lots of love and animo! Also since the missionaries basically do everything here in the branch, we have been putting together a choir for Sunday and that has been a hoot. Trying to get everyone to sing the right part while attempting to play the piano is always interesting, but we have had lots of fun with it and I know that Heavenly Father will help us, a lot! 

   Our investigators the family Arellano (Aida, Karen, Nadia, and Ivan) are doing good!!! Only the mom was able to come to church this Sunday since the rest of the family had to go visit their Tia, but she liked it and they are excited for the activities this week! We also have been working a ton on helping less-actives and recent converts to come to church or stay active in the church since this branch has a lot of problems with that. On Sunday it rained and of course that kills assistance and there was only 35 people at church..... so we have LOTS of work to do!! We are excited for Marta (less-active) though who we found the first week we got here to Estacion and now she has gone to church repeatedly 3 times now!! She told us that her weeks have been so much better since she has gone to church and she has a lot more animo now. 
 
     I know that these people here in Estacion NEED the gospel in their lives and I know Hna Oronà and I are here for are a reason. Even President emailed me this past week thanking me for taking on this challenge and that he felt inspired to put us both here. Pray for us and for the branch here! I know that the Lord will bless us, especially as we each contact 10 people a day (140 total in the week) because that is what the Lord has reveled to the area presidency! Hna Orona and I are doing just that and we have no doubt the Lord will bless us!! Thanks for everythign family and I love the mission and life and our Savior sooo much!!! 

Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Romney  

So I hit my 9 month mark and for Hermanas that means the 9 month güata!!!!! Or the mission baby bump!

A Family home evening with a les-active family we have been working with, the familia Landero! 

No comments:

Post a Comment