Monday, July 7, 2014

La Obra del Señor- June 2, 2014

Hey Fam jam, how`s it going?? 

   Well life is really really good here in the Mission Chile Concepcion - the best mission evahh! So many good things happened this week that I don`t even know where to begin. First off, we had a mini-cambio with the hermana leaders and Hermana Moràn (from Ecuador but was studying at BYU for a year before) came with me to Estaciòn and it really was a day full of miracles. We were able to find a couple new people to teach who are amazing and then we finally got the father of the family of 4 that we have been teaching to come listen to us and he even accepted to be baptized on the 21st of June!! It was incredible because his wife, Maribel, really loves the church and has even shared with the missionaries on and off for about 2 years now and it was the first time that ever listened to the missionaries. Her and her son, Jose Luis, want to get baptized, but they don`t want to split apart the family so it was key that her husband now is open to listen to us and to make covenants with the Lord! The time before that we shared with the family, the father just waited in the kitchen listening from there and all the other times he has left the house. But this time he shared with us reading and all and he said that if it is God`s will that he needs to be baptized "again" like he says, then he will do it!! Love that attitude!!! 
   Then this week we had an amazing conference just for all of the Hermanas in the whole mission!! It was incredible and even better that I got to see my old comps and friends!! My baby, Hna Lino, started balling when she saw me and apparently she is killing it out in her new sector. They said that as soon as she arrived, their numbers shot up and it was incredible. THAT`S MY BABY!!! Hahah but it was so good to see everyone and we had the nicest lunch I have had in about 10 months with waiters that came to our tables and a gourmet lunch. Talk about a big change!! We had an elder who specializes in mental health come down from Santiago to talk to all of us and it was great. Sadly, I have known too many hermanas that have gone home early from their missions here, so it was necessary. 

    Also the familia Arellano is still progressing! Aida came to church alone this week, but she has so many desires to learn and knows that we showed up at her house for a reason, but can`t seem to recognize her answers from God yet. Ruth came to church as well!!!!!! She was a less-active that we have taught a few times and came to church the first time in years. She even had a foot cast on and didn`t let that stop her from coming!! Francisco came to church as well, but we found out this week that he still has to go to jail during the week and then they let him out on the weekends and he probably won`t be all the way free until October, so he won`t be progressing very fast. However, he has the most sincere desires to change and our ex-mission leader, Nicolas, (we don`t have a mission leader at the moment) was also in jail before he got baptized and knew him from there and so he has been key in helping us help Francisco. I`ll have to tell you guys the story of Nicolas later, it is incredible and he is awesome!!! 
       
      Then just today as we were coming to the centro in the collectivo (like a taxi), we started talking to the driver like always and it turns out that he was one of the first members here in Estacion and said he brought like 200 people to the church with him. I`m not sure how true that is since he also told us that he saw Jesus, but he said he has a desire to come back for his daughter and we are going to see him this Wednesday!! It`s crazy how our Heavenly Father puts prepared people in our path like that when we are talking to everyone! 

    Well Estacion really is insane sometimes and I often wonder where I am, but I love it so much and I know that there is so much work to do here. I feel so happy to be the instrument in God`s hands to do His work. Also it made me soooo happy to hear about all of the missionary work going on at home and in the Dallas East Stake!! The work is hastening and I love being a part of it! I am so glad that I have this time to be a full-time missionary and to know that when my time here is over, that I can still share the gospel!!!! I love you all so much and have an incredible week. 

Con mucho amor, 
     Hermana Romney 

From the Hermana Conference. My hija!! and then Marta, the less-active who has now been to church 3 times since we started teaching her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment